I found this amazing creation here, but how do you do this without a little spice! So my version has jalapeno in it. I list ONE jalapeno in the recipe, but add more if you like the heat! If you’re tired of the same old Philly Cheesesteak, it’s time to spice things up a notch! In this blog post, we will walk you through a sensational Carne Asada sandwich recipe that promises a burst of flavors with every bite. Not only will we stick to the traditional ingredients, but we are also adding a fiery touch with jalapenos and salsa to elevate your sandwich experience. We’re not really interested in the fries or Chicharrón on our version either. OK! Let’s dive in!
A New Take on the Classic Sandwich
We all have our go-to sandwich combinations, but sometimes, it’s refreshing to try something new. This time, we are taking inspiration from a popular YouTube video where the host explores the potential of creating a sandwich with Carne Asada. But we are not just stopping there; we are adding a spicy kick to it with jalapenos and salsa.
The detailed recipe is below, but here’s what you’re going to do…
Crafting the Perfect Marinade
The first step to achieving the perfect Carne Asada sandwich is to create a marinade that is both flavorful and aromatic. The marinade consists of a blend of neutral oil (like avocado or vegetable oil), cilantro tops, garlic cloves, soy sauce, light brown sugar, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. To add a zesty touch, the juice and zest of one lime are also included.
Marinating the Meat
Once the marinade is ready, it’s time to prepare the meat. The host uses flap meat, which comes from the bottom sirloin, making it a great choice for Carne Asada. The meat is marinated for a few hours to absorb all the flavors and become tender and juicy.
Grilling the Extras
To accompany the Carne Asada, the grill a poblano chili and some onion and the jalapeno, which will add a nice crunch and a hint of smokiness to the sandwich with the spice we’re looking for in this chopped steak sandwich.
Assembling the Sandwich
Once all the components are ready, it’s time to assemble the sandwich. Layer the Carne Asada, grilled poblano chili, and onion on your choice of bread. Don’t forget to add the jalapenos and salsa to give it that extra zing.
Carne Asada Steak Sandwich Recipe Details:
Spiced-Up Carne Asada Sandwich
- Flap meat (from bottom sirloin) – 1.5 to 1.75 lbs
- Neutral oil (avocado, vegetable, or canola) – 1/2 cup
- Fresh cilantro tops – 1 bunch
- Garlic cloves – 3
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Light brown sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Garlic powder – to taste
- Lime – 1 (juice and zest)
- Poblano chili – 1
- Onion – 1
- Jalapenos – to taste, sliced
- Salsa – to taste
- Your choice of bread
- Prepare the Marinade: In a blender, combine the neutral oil, cilantro tops, garlic cloves, soy sauce, light brown sugar, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add the juice and zest of one lime. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Marinate the Meat: Place the flap meat in a bowl and pour the marinade over it, ensuring that the meat is well-coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Grill the Vegetables: Preheat the grill and cook the poblano chili and onion until they are slightly charred and tender.
- Cook the Meat: Remove the meat from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. Grill the meat to a nice rareness. We’re going to heat it some more after chopping
- Add the Cheddar Cheese: Remove the meat from the grill and cut into small cubes. Place back on a frying pan or griddle and layer on some cheddar cheese slices or shredded cheddar.
- Get Chopping: Lay the steak and cheese onto your veggies and just start chopping. This will mix all the flavors together and also extract some juice from all of it, which you should pour on the filling as you add it to the bread.
- Assemble the Sandwich: Slice the bread and spread a generous amount of salsa on one side. Layer the grilled meat, jalapeno, poblano chili, and onion on the bread.
- Serve and Enjoy: Your Spiced-Up Carne Asada Sandwich is ready to be served. Enjoy the burst of flavors in each bite!
Are you ready to revolutionize your sandwich game? This Carne Asada sandwich with a spicy twist is sure to become a favorite in your household. Give it a try and experience a burst of flavors with every bite. Don’t forget to share your creations with us; we’d love to see how your spicy Carne Asada sandwich turns out!